Friday, May 30, 2008

The Best Candy Bars

This is about Candy Bars I have known and loved. I’ll give you the Top 10 of my life. It is about candy bars only, not Good ‘n Plenty or Chuckles or Junior Mints, Raisenettes or Goobers. The Sugar Daddy doesn’t count either, although you could consider that a candy bar on a stick.

It’s my list so it really has only candy bars that I like. If it has nuts there’s a decent chance it’s on the list. If it has chocolate and nuts be surprised if it isn’t on there. Some of the candy bars have been around almost as long as I have and some have only been around a few years.

One candy bar that has been around since I was a kid is the Bit O Honey, which did not make this list. If you are over 50 and can remember the commercial with that six-headed creature that sang, “Bit O Honey goes a long, long way, if you have one head it’ll last all day,” then your brain is officially as full of useful stuff as mine. Big Hunk is not on my list either. Big Hunk of what?

Oh yeah, and just what is nougat? I’ve never known and as I was writing this I was tempted to look it up on-line, but had the will to resist. There are some things I’m just not meant to know, like that line in Elton John’s Rocket Man that goes, “I’m a Rocket Man, burning out the da da da da da da.” I could find out the real lyric but feel that it would ruin the song for me.

Anyway, here are my Top 10 All Time Candy Bars:

10. 3 Musketeers – Chocolate filled with, is that nougat?
9. Hershey Bar with Almonds – Good chocolate with nuts.
8. Payday – No chocolate, but lots of nuts.
7. York Peppermint Patty – Chocolate, and I also really like mint.
6. 100,000 Grand – Good chocolate with caramel and crunchy stuff.
5. Baby Ruth – Chocolaty, chewy, and nuts.
4. Oh Henry – Like a Baby Ruth but I like the chocolate better.
3. Mr. Goodbar – See above, but I like this chocolate even more.
2. Snickers – Good chocolate and nut taste and the best real snack
candy bar.
1. Chunky – Really good chocolate, nuts and raisins. I’ve loved this
one since I can remember.

Please don’t be offended if I didn’t include your favorite, I just don’t like Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, they have peanut butter. Whatever that is inside a Butterfinger makes my teeth ache, and so on. Hey, remember when candy bars only cost…oh, never mind.

Open wide for Chunky.

No comments: